What is EuroCC?
On 1 st of September the EuroCC new project to boost European HPC knowledge and opportunities have started.
Within the EuroCC project under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 (H2020), participating countries are tasked with establishing a single National Competence Centre (NCC) in the area of high-performance computing (HPC) and high-performance data analytics (HPDA). Each NCCs will coordinate activities in all HPC-related fields at the national level and serve as a contact point for customers from industry, science, (future) HPC experts, and the general public alike. The EuroCC project is funded 50 percent through H2020 (EuroHPC Joint Undertaking [JU]). To get more information, visit EuroCC Website
The missions are the same for Each NCC
- Set-up a full training offer
- Support usage of high-performance computing and data analytics
- Set-up a framework to ease access to HPC/HPDA to industry
- Identify available competences at national and European levels
- Facilitate access to systems, scientific and technical expertise and knowledge pools
- Set-up communication and dissemination actions
For Belgium, the NCC is a consortium of 12 entities:
- CECI: the 5 French speaking Universities (Ceci Website)
- VSC: the 5 Flemish speaking Universities (VSC Website)
- Tier 1 operator for Flanders (Tier 1 Website for Flanders)
- Cenaero: Research center (Cenaero Website)
- Tier 1 operator for Wallonia (Tier 1 Website for Wallonia)
- Innoviris: Research & Innovation hub (Innoviris Website)
The EURO CC project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 951740.